Sunday, October 25, 2009
Recommended reading...
With a hectic school schedule, sponsoring three clubs and being the chemical hygiene officer for the school, I have a lot of professional reading to do and things to prepare for. With my four children at home, I read a lot of Dr. Suess and children's books. As far as reading for pleasure, it is hard to find time in my schedule. I read the book "Gathering Blue" by Lois Lowry for my 2nd book talk and realized that it was the 2nd book of a trilogy. My OCD would not let me read the 2nd book without completing the series. The junior english teacher at our school had a classroom set of the first book, "The Giver." She was happy to let me borrow it and now I can't wait to read the third book in the series, which is supposed to tie everything together (The 3rd book is called "The Messenger"). I would highly recommend these books to anyone for a fast yet thought-provoking read. I would also recommend them for use in any science classroom or humanities classroom. They explore how humans interact with their environment and what can happen when society collapses and a few people restructure it in a way that they believe to be best. They are written for young adults but enjoyable for grown-ups, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment