Friday, September 11, 2009

Build up momentum just to hit the brick wall...

This week has been one of the most frustrating weeks for me as a teacher. I have been trying hard to build momentum in my classes and things were going pretty well. Then, over the holiday weekend, I came down with the H1N1 virus. While I am sure it will make for great discussions during my biology classes, it kept me out of school for an entire week. I am afraid that I will be "starting over" so to speak after being away from my students for so long. I feel hopelessly behind and I am going to have to find a way to further "compress" our already "compressed" four day schedule and cover extra material to get back on schedule.

It could not be helped, though. One of the biggest lessons I learned last year is that you just have to teach what you can in the time you have. It will never feel like enough time to the teacher.

One positive thing from the week: I received another grant and will get a document camera (ELMO) to use in my classroom! I am very excited about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment